An elderly care facility for homeless seniors, El Refugio has been a free-of-charge facility since 2001. The elderly in Mexico do not receive Medical or Social Security benefits and cannot go to a convalescent home. Many end up living on the street when they are abandoned by family members who don’t have the means or space to care for them. They are then picked up by the Red Cross or local police and very often dropped off on our door step.
We currently have 130 seniors in our care. Our mission is that each of them will know Christ as their Savior before they pass away. We clothe and feed them, drive them to medical appointments, and most importantly embrace them with God’s love. Go to Gallery
How to Pray
- Strength and stamina for our volunteers and leaders
- Funds to pay the doctor who comes several times a week to check residents’ health
- Wisdom for our directors as they face difficult decision each day
- That the City of Tijuana would be more involved in helping with our needs
- Safety and health for each senior resident under our care
How to Help
We always need donations of basic food and dry goods, cleaning supplies, clothing, laundry detergent, toiletries, and monetary gifts to cover the doctor’s fee, medical bills, utilities and gas costs.